Monday, October 13, 2008

Pumpkin Cupcakes

I would feel extremely selfish if I kept these adorable pumpkin cupcakes to myself and didn't share them with you. I bought a cupcake book and it had these cuties in them. I knew immediately I had to make'm. I didn't have that book a day or two and they were made. My MIL wanted me to make a cake for my SIL birthday but I asked her if I could make these instead. Of course, she said that was fine and my SIL loved them so much she wanted to make them for her sons kindergarten class. That's why I had to pass along the idea to you.
The cupcakes are very easy to create. You prepare them like regular cupcakes , then color canned vanilla frosting orange, cover the frosted cupcakes in orange sugar sprinkles, put a medium sized amount of frosting in a zip lock bag and cut a small 1/8 in. size hole in one corner to create the ridges. Lastly, cut the green twizzlers into 3/4 in. pieces and stick them in the top of the cupcakes (angle some of them slightly).

Shopping list:(you may already have most of these supplies at home)
1 cake mix
1 can vanilla frosting
pack of assorted twizzlers
orange food coloring
orange sugar crystals
ziplock bags
cupcake baking cups

4 comments:

Pamela Vest said...

These are so adorable. You are so talented. I may have to borrow this idea for Thanksgiving. thanks Love ya

The Dickinsons said...

Thanks for your nice comment on my blog. Now that I am back in Colombia, I don't have the blog addresses that I used to, and so I cannot go to people's blogs unless they comment on mine, or I can link to theirs from some other blog. So, I'm happy to have your blog address again. =)

Those pumpkin cupcakes are adorable! I'd love to make them, but have no clue if I can find the orange sugar here, or the green twizzlers...but they are cute. Thanks for sharing.

We really enjoyed our time with y'all, Thanks again for everything! We would have loved to have come back over to see y'all, but I was sooo tired after I had Elijah, and we had soooo much to get done before we came back that we didn't even get to go and visit our family as much as we had wanted to.

Have a great day!

Lorie said...

Those are cute! I have seen something similar, but never thought to use green licorice for the stems!

Thanks for sharing!

Michelle Baird Designs said...

I'm so glad you stopped by and left a comment. For some reason I have been thinking about. I hope you and your family are doing well. The cupcakes look DELICIOUS!